Tuesday 3 January 2012

2011


So we are now in 2o12, this past year has definitely been my most hectic and exciting year yet, with competing at 2 world championships, and a european championships covering 3 disciplines was something new and pretty special for me.



I was extremely happy with my performance at the Slalom Junior European championships, and I'm now happily preparing for a tough Under 23 and senior selection in March.
As said in previous blogs Sickline was a fantastic experience and getting a place in the first of the final rounds was fantastic! I am thoroughly looking forward to Sickline 2012!

I also had a fantastic road trip with Joe Morley, where we went to Czech Republic for the Junior Wild Water world championships and to Austria and North Czech creeking which was like a whole new world of paddling to me.


The slalom year ended positivly at the British Open with a fantastic performance in the Semi Final putting me in to the final in first place. A mistake in the final cost me a top 5 placing, however I was still quick enough to gain a place for the Olympic Selection event, an achievement I am extremely proud of.



The Christmas break was great this year, with rain coming and giving me the opportunity to go creeking most days. I am now feeling really happy in my Shiva and cant wait to get racing in it.

The following videos are from the Swale and the Fairy Glen where I have been testing a new type of Head Camera, The GoBandit GPS.



I would like to thank all my sponsors for their ongoing support as well as Coaches, Parents and Friends! 2011 has been great!

Thanks for reading and I wish you a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment